Reduce Sensitive Data Exposure.
Zero Additional Infrastructure. Easy to Use.
As businesses adopt cloud, they grapple with massive data fragmentation, making it impossible to know where sensitive data resides. At the same time, the increasing risk of data privacy breaches and non-compliance with regulations impose serious financial penalties.
Polaris Sonar is a new SaaS application that applies machine learning to discover, classify, and report on sensitive data without any impact to production. By leveraging your existing Rubrik deployments, users get up and running in just a few minutes with zero additional infrastructure required.
Automate With Machine Learning And Policies
Eliminate manual tagging or annual cleanups with machine learning. Use predefined policy templates or build your own to get automatically alerted on violations.
Identify Sensitive Data Exposure
Easily identify potential violations of internal compliance policies by identifying where sensitive data is located without production impact to mitigate business risk.
Accelerate Compliance With Privacy Laws
Drive consistent, repeatable processes and ensure continuous monitoring of location of sensitive data to facilitate and accelerate compliance with applicable laws.
How We Are Different
►No Additional Infrastructure: Natively integrated into your existing Rubrik CDM and Polaris platform.
►No install or agents: Get started within minutes by simply toggling on the app from the UI.
►No impact to production: Index and classify on your existing backup data.
►No learning curve: Intuitive UI with policy-driven automation for instant insights and significant savings.
How Polaris Sonar Works
2. Create a compliance policy from a custom or pre-defined template, which specifies what protected objects and types of sensitive information to search for, such as social security number, healthcare NPI, credit card number, or ITIN. Sonar then performs an initial scan to surface sensitive data aligned with the policy. Users can whitelist locations where sensitive information is allowed to minimize false alerts.
3. Use agentless, incremental scanning to quickly classify new and modified data for performance efficiencies and without impact to production.
4. Search on-demand for information at any point in time via on-demand search to satisfy access requests (e.g. “Where are all locations with John Smith’s PII?”)
5. Sonar will automatically notify you on policy violations and when sensitive data resides in wrong locations.
6. Report on policy violations, track compliance progress, and help identify at-risk data.